Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tourism Around Pennsyl Pointe -- Pottsville, PA

Parking lots at the local restaurants were overflowing last night. The bars are packed with skiers and holiday tourists toasting winter's final 3-day weekend. The slopes of Big Boulder and Jack Frost are full, even though my once white lawn is beginning to show some grass around the edges. When the tourists take over my favorite local spots, I like to get out of town and be a tourist elsewhere. Today I'm taking a ride to Schuylkill County to see an art exhibit in Pottsville at the newly renovated Many Worlds Gallery. It's a nice day trip from Pennsyl Pointe. Last month I wrote an article on winter day trips. Here's a link to the piece which appeared in Blue Mountain Moments, a Carbon County publication. I'm hoping today's trip gives me a little material for my next piece.

No comments: